Join us for two days of camaraderie and musical growth at the UCF Conductors Symposium, where conductors at all levels come together to refine knowledge of technique, repertoire, score study, rehearsal concepts and more.
- You may register as a Conductor ($150) or as a non-conducting Participant ($100).
- Conductor status is on a first-come, first served basis. After all the slots are filled, further conductor applicants will be given participant status and will be placed on a waiting list for conductor status. There is no limit to the number of Participant.
- Conductors are assigned two 20-minute podium times with the UCF Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band.
- All participants are fully involved in all events of the symposium, regardless of registration status. This includes interactive conducting and topic sessions and panel discussions.
- Once registration is complete, a repertoire list will be provided and conductors will be asked to select two works off the list.
- All conducting session will be recorded to shared online folders. Conductors will also review each of their videos with one of our clinicians immediately following each of their conducting sessions.
- In addition to the daily conducting sessions, we also offer seminar sessions each day on technique, literature, and other specialized topics.
Registration for the Conductors Symposium will open on September 1, 2021.
LocationUCF Performing Arts Center12488 Centaurus Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816
- 3:00 pm
Registration (Rehearsal Hall Lobby)
Welcome/Introductions (Rehearsal Hall)
- 4:00 pm
Conduction Session #1 with UCF Wind Ensemble (Rehearsal Hall)
- 6:00 pm
- 7:30 pm
Special Topic Session (Danny Schmidt) for Symposium Participants and Directors (Rehearsal Hall)
- 8:30 pm
Conducting Session #2 with UCF Symphonic Band (Rehearsal Hall)
- 9:00 am
DAY 2 | Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 am
Special Topic Session (Kenneth Thompson) for Symposium Participants & Directors (PAC-Theatre, Studio 2)
- 10:30 am
Conducting Session #3 with UCF Wind Ensemble (Rehearsal Hall)
- 12:00 pm
Catered Luncheon Provided by Yamaha Corp of America (Student Union Garden Key, Rm 221)
- 1:30 pm
Conducting Session #4 with UCF Symphonic Band
- 3:30 pm
Special Topic Session (Emily Threinen) for Symposium Participants & Directors (Rehearsal Hall)
- 4:30 pm
Special Topic Session (Danny Schmidt & Panel) for Symposium Participants & Directors (Rehearsal Hall)
- 5:30 pm